Gayming with Fable 3

After my friend saw my character, he said I was so predictable. :3

So this month I picked up Fable 3, and decided to try it out. I didn’t realize the amount  negative aura surrounding this game. Even as I went into GameStop, the cashier gave me a hint of “are you sure you want that?” vibe. I picked up a new copy but they immediately suggested I choose a pre-owned copy. It was practically brand new, I’m assuming the person played the game for like 10 minutes and decided it was rubbish.

Apparently they had a ton of pre-owned stock on Fable 3. This made me weary at the thought that this game must have some really bad glitches, but I went through it anyway. Then in usual GameStop fashion, they began to upsell, offering me protection plans and such. After rejecting everything, I took their offer on a Gamestop card. (I’ll talk about my issues with GameStop employees in a future podcast.)

Fable is a game series where you pretty much live out your life and make decisions that have some impact later on. Mainly the decisions are to affect your morality but in Fable 3, the decisions affect the life of your kingdom.

So whats important to any Bara Gamer is to make your character look nice. But in this game it’s always a secondary thing. You really can’t adjust the way your character looks. You’re pretty much limited to what hairstyles, facial hair, and clothing you can find. On top of that, the skills that you gain changes your looks. It’s something that happens ever so slightly and I failed to realize it. The higher your strength, the more muscular you look. The higher your stature, the taller you get. The higher your magic, the paler you are.

So my character ends up looking pretty pale, and it made me stop increasing his magic, though I still constantly use magic to get out of situations.

And at the last minute I realized that in order to make my character muscular I had to not only increase strength but also use heavy weaponry. Oye.

But I will say it was pretty hot fighting my own “self” in the DLC. Two naked guys fighting!

One of my biggest complaint was near the end of the game you must decide on being a ruthless king to earn money or be a benevolent king but have everyone die. I can see why this frustrated early adopters because without the foresight to see that you can earn money by buying up all properties, most who tried to stay a good king probably ended up having their whole kingdom wiped out. Luckily for me I had a few friends help me earn money during that time so I can save the kingdom and stay good.

Len also suggested you see Boulder and Farmer Giles

By the way, I ordered a HD PVR which should allow me to record XBOX360 videogames and place them up on this site.

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Gayming with Fable 3”

1. Captain Bonertopia October 6, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

Fable was an excellent game, but as it went on to Fable 2 and 3 , it just sort of…degenerated. When I discovered that skills morph your body, I always invested all skill points to strength, to the point where my character is a hulking giant of sexy đŸ˜‰

• barachan October 6, 2011 at 9:00 pm #

It degenerated badly, I love the series, just hate the design decisions they make and refuse to change.

2. Len October 7, 2011 at 6:38 pm #

I won’t hold a holy light to Fable 3 or 2. I glitched Fable 2 to the point where I maxed out my hero and had tons of money (This is before I decided to be social and purchase a Gold membership). Fable 3 has so many glitches, one I can complain about is the shooting range DLC. I can’t play it unless I join Mike’s or another world. I had to restart the game since I ended up with a glitch where I had two dogs and Bowerstone Market was completely ruined and the villagers just stood around. I couldn’t enter the door to complete the quest where you gotta catch Ferret (Think that is his name) with Page. To cut this short, I wish the hero didn’t get all pale and creepy looking. The customization is limited and the game has umm… degenerated. I still have love for Fable.

3. Someone November 13, 2011 at 2:29 am #

When your a good king at the end when everyone dies sleep for 15 day straight and they come back

• barachan November 13, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

Thanks to some of my friends, I was able to have no one die and be a good king. But I saw how frustrating it would have been if you didn’t have the foresight at the time.

4. Geraldexasy July 21, 2017 at 7:21 pm #

The Wizard of Oz is loved and admired by all the citizens of Emerald Metropolis. However when you appear at him from a customer services perspective, it’s hard to comprehend why.

Toll-totally free line or company line. Nothings even worse than the exact same line your individual and business phone calls. You feel extremely disorganized and unprofessional. In addition, the vast majority of people on your website or marketing materials for your individual house or mobile phone number to promote. Determined to consider a get virtual sms number method. GotVMail central ring and information entry work at home brokers are well-liked options.

To location a phone contact from the United States, dial a toll-free number for access to your AT&T Pay as you go contacting card, follow the precepts (one for the English language, two for Spanish) and dial PIN when prompted. And if you require to make a contact within the United States, Canada or the Caribbean, you should enter 1, region code and a phone quantity you contact to. Calling to a foreign country you should dial 011, the code of the state, the code of the town and the hone number of a subscriber. When you end your telephone talk, you can both dangle up or push #, exactly where you’ll get additional opportunities, as adding time to your telephone card or to location some other contact.

With an IP PBX you can provide much better consumer service and much better productiveness: Since the phone system is now pc-primarily based you can combine phone functions with company programs. For example: Bring up the customer record of the caller immediately when you receive his/her call, significantly enhancing customer services and cutting cost by decreasing time invested on every caller. Outbound phone calls can be placed directly from Outlook, getting rid of the require for the consumer to kind in the telephone number.

If you e-mail via your mobile phone strategy to a large display with ease eye to choose. Make sure the services provider POP email accounts, like Hotmail or Yahoo e-mail account, you can use.

When you receive an incoming call from the digital phone system, you are provided with a prompt to confirm whether or not you want to accept the contact. This also lets you know how to answer the call. For example, if you are operating at home, and get a call from the digital telephone method, you know to answer the call, “Hello this is [name], how can I assist you?” (or what ever your business greeting may be).