Bara RPGMaker

So we asked Tumblr if they would be OK with a RPG game with Bara characters and No Nudity. The response went pretty good, so next we asked them to choose three guys out of the list of faces above. So here’s the results!

So there you have it, three guys to choose from. The one in the middle was chosen the most. I’ll have to develop their personalities and come up with a system of coercion.

Actually a demo of this game was made already in the past but only had a straight option. You would play as a girl and the girl shown as the straight option would be your antagonist/frenemy. By having a girl as the main character, we established a passive aggressive relationship between them.

However, now that this game has a male main character, we’d have to change her characterization around. So instead she’s more aggressive in acquiring your love, and by default all options would lead towards her. She’s very persistent, and if you choose to ignore her advances, she’ll do everything in her power to change that outcome.

If you have any ideas you’d like to add to the project, drop me a comment!

• Game: Oh My Goodness Davita Devaugn
  • Genre: BARA RPG/Romance/Dating Game
  • Demo (Proof Of Concept) Release: 2012
  • Music: Jazzy
  • Graphics: Closet and FSM

22 Responses to “Bara RPGMaker”

1. Len September 1, 2011 at 9:58 pm #

The only male portrait I like is the third one. So are you still going to force me to write some parts? I’m willing, naturally <3

• Lock February 14, 2013 at 12:29 am #

So are you still making the Bara RPG game? Or did you give up? I couldnt find a link to try out the demo. I know this is like 3 yrs old, but just curious..

• barachan February 16, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

It’s just progressing pretty slowly, I got bombarded last year with work which gave me a limited amount of free time to work on it. I hate to keep putting it off but I think I think it’s time I ask for help working on it. Around next month I’ll put up a Developer diary if anyone is interested.

2. Ghoat September 1, 2011 at 11:19 pm #

Too bad you don’t need voice actors =)

~Ghoat

3. dmuma September 2, 2011 at 9:48 am #

I’ve always wanted a no nudity romance game with Bara men! I’m so happy this is being developed!

4. Ghoat September 2, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

I agree…I find subtlety way more hot than blatant cock and ass, lol.

~Ghoat

5. barachan September 3, 2011 at 11:40 am #

O U GUYS. It’s going to be fun writing scenes without being explicit.

• Len September 3, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

Blatant cock and ass isn’t really fun. I can be subtle… REAL subtle.
      “I wanted to hold onto him, embrace him, feel the touch of his lips against mine… Yet something held me back, an impregnable force, a bitter reservation on whether this is love or simply the intensity of lust.” Yeah, that wasn’t so great, but I can do without the explicitness <3

• Ghoat September 5, 2011 at 11:28 am #

I’ll drink to this! XD

~Ghoat

• Len September 5, 2011 at 11:39 am #

Is that a good “gonna have a few casuals” or “Oh god, I need to purge this from my mind” drinking? o; Len confused

6. Ghoat September 5, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

Let’s say…a toast to a wondeful passage from Len!

~ Ghoat

7. Trxd September 5, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

This looks so awesome, is it going to be in a 2d Rpg style or a visual novel style? Either way I’m extremely excited, there needs to be more gay games like this.

If there’s any chance you’re still recruiting writers I’d love to be a part of this thing 🙂

8. barachan September 5, 2011 at 9:20 pm #

2D rpg, with dialogue choices. Ya I’ll probably need help writing, some specific areas. I’ll probably write out the rough draft and have people look through it and change some things and story around.

9. KaelemGaen December 21, 2011 at 12:12 am #

Only recently found this site, but yeah I’m cool with a Bara-game that isn’t explicit!

(wow this is a really old post, wonder if this is still being worked on.)

• barachan December 21, 2011 at 8:34 pm #

It’s still being worked on. We’re in the map creation stage, and deciding whether we should switch to a new engine.

10. Orleans December 22, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

From all those options, they naturally chose the ugliest bastards. Also a fat one.
    Furthermore, the protagonist looks like a douche.
    I want hot guys, and not dudes who could compete with Quasimodo!
    What a farce.

11. Tim January 26, 2012 at 8:44 am #

Will the guy in glasses on the first pic be a gay option too? I think he is the cutest of ’em all. I’d really like to have him as an option.

• barachan January 26, 2012 at 11:03 am #

He’s not a gay option but he’s in the game and is also gay.

12. Kolth April 11, 2012 at 6:04 am #

I was kind of curious as to how the progress of this game is going at this point. We could definitely use more games that have gay/bara content without being the explicit pandering nudity ones.

• barachan April 11, 2012 at 10:40 am #

Still working on it, I work on it during my spare time, but with school right now, progress slowed down a lot. But I’m still chugging along.

13. Omarion December 17, 2013 at 1:49 am #

Please, Please let this still be a thing, I pray to all the bara gods that this comes to fruition!! PLEASE!!

• barachan December 26, 2013 at 10:34 am #

Yes still working on it in my spare time. I shall update this page later to reflect on the progress of the game.